CHAI strengthens the fabric of neighborhoods connected to Jewish Baltimore, through housing and community development, so residents of all ages can thrive.
CHAI is a nonprofit housing and community development organization serving northwest Baltimore City and adjacent Baltimore County neighborhoods in Pikesville. Through nearly four decades of community service, CHAI has forged deep connections with the goal of making northwest Baltimore a stronger, better community in which to live, learn, and grow older.
CHAI’s mission is to strengthen the fabric of neighborhoods connected to Jewish Baltimore, through housing and community development, so residents of all ages can thrive. CHAI accomplishes this mission by:
- Developing and managing affordable housing for seniors, families, and individuals with disabilities
- Providing an array of services that enable older adults to remain independent, active and connected
- Promoting sustainable homeownership through homebuyer education and housing counseling
- Investing in and enhancing the housing stock in its neighborhoods through grants and interest-free loans
- Supporting local public schools through advocacy, resource development, and marketing
- Collaborating with other community-based organizations to advance regional initiatives
- Elevating the voices of residents by convening them around issues that are important to them
Thank you to our local partners, who help us make a difference in our neighborhoods! We are grateful for the support of our funding partners, who help support our community development programs and services in northwest Baltimore.