To our dear community members:
CHAI is dedicated to the wellbeing of our clients, volunteers, staff and community. We have been continuously monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, which has included guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Maryland and local Departments of Health, community healthcare organizations, and The Associated.
Supporting and engaging our community is our top priority, especially those who are the most vulnerable. We want to ensure that we do so in a safe and responsible way during the COVID-19 outbreak and therefore we are making some temporary modifications to the way we provide our services.
Our offices are closed to the public but will continue providing services to the community.
Please refer to the list of COVID-19 resources below.
- The Associated Jewish Federation of Baltimore Emergency Resources
Includes information on meal programs, COVID testing, and links.
- Baltimore City Mayor’s Joint Information Center Information about food, City services, State services, etc.
- State Health Department Press #2 for Coronavirus inquiries. General public can call with questions.
- Jewish Community Services: Information, resources and assistance.
- Baltimore County Department of Health: 410-887-3816. Residents can call with questions or concerns regarding COVID-19.
- Baltimore County Food Assistance: If you have questions or need assistance with food access, call 410-887-2594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baltimore County Senior Food Access: If you are a senior, or contacting us on behalf of a senior, with food access needs, call 410-887-2954 or email email@example.com
Baltimore Area Meal Programs:
- Baltimore City Breakfast & Lunch To Go
- Baltimore City Recreation & Parks Food Pick Up Sites
- Baltimore County Schools Take-Away Meals
- Baltimore County Recreation & Parks Take-Away Meals
- Food distribution sites in Baltimore City
Local Senior Centers, though closed, will provide boxed to-go lunches. Home delivery of meals may be available for eligible older adults. Call the following for eligibility information:
- Baltimore City Maryland Access Point Home-Delivered Meal Program: 410-396-2273
- Baltimore City residents age 60 and over, or a family member concerned about an older relative without food, should call Maryland Access Point at 410-396-2273 (CARE).
- Baltimore County Maryland Access Point Home-Delivered Meal Program: 410-887-2594
Please call CHAI’s general intake line at 410-500-5433 (LIFE) should you need any additional assistance. Below are some brief and informative videos on best practices during COVID-19.
- General Prevention: https://youtu.be/nCmYRq_v7Fc
- Good Health: https://youtu.be/MBexaxvPw-M
- Group Dining: https://youtu.be/dzXqUCFmhhc
- Hand Washing: https://youtu.be/qoXvR6lgHks
- Health Conditions: https://youtu.be/rx8-NdVEZ70
- Home Caregiver: https://youtu.be/amSUzfRQPE8
- Home Sanitation: https://youtu.be/faY_GnPY5gw
- Home Signage: https://youtu.be/ettC_p4SWMc
- Informing Others: https://youtu.be/iumypQfmOFs
- Mental Health: https://youtu.be/8uC-6wfPPjk
- Senior Call Check: https://youtu.be/xBNVyE7cfBo
- Senior Center Closures: https://youtu.be/qDaxxKGCEuo
- Social Distancing: https://youtu.be/sQYHEH_vYkQ
- Stay Informed: https://youtu.be/AZJC1v6bLrs
- Symptoms: https://youtu.be/PSm7N4asmLA
- Testing: https://youtu.be/n80K85z8wiE
- Visitor Restrictions: https://youtu.be/BbRt9-1t4ks
- Business Volunteers Maryland – Find volunteer opportunities and submit nonprofit needs
- Maryland Food Bank
- Maryland Responds Medical Reserve Corps
Northwest Baltimore and Park Heights:
- CHAI (Website) (Facebook)
- City Councilman Isaac “Yitzy” Schleifer’s E-mail List
- County Councilman Izzy Patoka’s E-mail List
Email the Councilman’s at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-887-3385 if they can be of service.
- Langston Hughes Community Center – Food pantry & other programs
- LifeBridge Health Coronavirus Preparedness and Response
- Park Heights Renaissance (Website) (Facebook)
- Free Meals for Youth Sites
- Health Department
- Health Department Information in Spanish
- Department of Public Works Services
- Council President Brandon Scott Facebook Page (Daily COVID-19 updates)
- Neighborhood Quarantine Response Teams
- Public Schools Health Updates
- County Government Coronavirus Updates
- Food Resources
- Public Schools Coronavirus Updates
- District 11 – Owings Mills/Pikesville
State of Maryland:
- Department of Aging Senior Call Check Program
- Department of Health Coronavirus Updates
- The Hogan Administration’s COVID-19 Response
Meals on Wheels: If you are in need of meals for a neighbor, friend or loved one, frozen meal packs are available for pick up at our Haven Street location. Contact Kathy Tinker to place an order at 443-573-0942.
CHAI, a proud agency of The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore, is mobilized to respond in times of crisis thanks due the network of agencies who receive funding and financial support from The Associated’s Annual Campaign. Our Associated network needs your support to continue the growing needs in our community due to the current COVID-19 crisis. Please give generously: associated.org/donate
CHAI by the Numbers
CHAI strengthens the fabric of neighborhoods connected to Jewish Baltimore, through housing and community development, so residents of all ages can thrive. We accomplish this mission by:
- Developing and managing affordable housing for seniors, families and individuals with disabilities.
- Rehabilitating housing and providing supporting repair services to improve housing stock and enhance economic stability in northwest Baltimore.
- Promoting sustainable homeownership through homebuyer education, housing counseling and favorable financing mechanisms.
- Undertaking community organizing and supporting residents to become agents of change in their neighborhoods.
- Strengthening area schools through community engagement.
- Supporting older adults to age in their own homes and communities.
Thank you to our local partners, who help us make a difference in our neighborhoods! We are grateful for the support of our funding partners, who help support our community development programs and services in northwest Baltimore.