For 36 years, CHAI has worked to strengthen neighborhoods, schools and communities in northwest Baltimore.
Dedicated to the enhancement and development of our neighborhoods, CHAI’s efforts focus on increasing homeownership and economic stability in northwest Baltimore communities with a significant Jewish presence. We carry out this mission through loan programs, workshops and counseling that promote safe and affordable single-family, multi-family and senior housing, and community organizing programs that emphasize strengthening local associations and public schools.
CHAI by the Numbers
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc.’s mission is to strengthen neighborhoods with a significant Jewish presence throughout northwest Baltimore by developing and enhancing housing, affecting community development and supporting aging-in-community. We accomplish this mission by:
- Developing and managing affordable housing for seniors, families and individuals with disabilities.
- Rehabilitating housing and providing supporting repair services to improve housing stock and enhance economic stability in northwest Baltimore.
- Promoting sustainable homeownership through homebuyer education, housing counseling and favorable financing mechanisms.
- Undertaking community organizing and supporting residents to become agents of change in their neighborhoods.
- Strengthening area schools through community engagement.
- Supporting older adults to age in their own homes and communities.
Thank you to our local partners, who help us make a difference in our neighborhoods! We are grateful for the support of our funding partners, who help support our community development programs and services in northwest Baltimore.