Homebuyer Education Workshop
Gain confidence as a homebuyer.
CHAI’s Homebuyer Education Workshop helps homebuyers prepare for the journey of purchasing a home in Baltimore City. Our workshops teach future homebuyers how to qualify for incentives in Baltimore City and the State of Maryland.
HUD required topics covered:
- Introduction to homebuyer education
- The housing counseling process
- Credit reports and how to improve your score
- The mortgage and pre-approval process
- Choosing a new home and/or real estate agent
- Contract of Sale
- Mortgage financing and appraisal
- Home inspection
- Getting to settlement
- What happens post-purchase
- The renovation process
Our workshop is an 8 hour program, conducted over the third and fourth Tuesday evening of each month. Register at www.eventbrite.com or call 410-500-5300 and ask for the homebuyer education department.
CHAI Building, Conference Room
5809 Park Heights Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215
Pricing & Registration:
UPDATE Please note: Our workshop will now be an 8 hour workshop – it will be held over two consecutive Tuesdays in scheduled months. The hours will be from 5pm to 9pm. The fee will remain the same $50 for the entire course, first and second workshop session.
- Group workshops are held every third Tuesday evening of each month, unless notified otherwise, and from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. at CHAI’s offices. FEE $50 per household(a household is either an individual or a couple, per HUD guidelines). Fee includes: workshop fee, workshop materials, a scheduled follow-up session with a housing counselor, a comprehensive, tri-merged credit report and registration fee. Registration is required in advance at www.eventbrite.com Look for CHAI.
- Online workshops are offered 24/7 via our HUD partner, eHomeamerica. FEE $99 per household (a household is either an individual or a couple per HUD guidelines). Fee includes: online education class, a scheduled, follow-up session with a counselor, a comprehensive, tri-merged credit report, and registration fee. People can register at www.ehomeamerica.org/chaibaltimore
Please contact CHAI’s Home Ownership team at 410-500-5309 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.