Homebuyer Education Workshop
Gain confidence as a homebuyer.
CHAI’s Homebuyer Education Workshop helps homebuyers prepare for the journey of purchasing a home in Baltimore City and the many new challenges of being a homeowner. Our workshop is for eligibility for incentives in Baltimore City, and helps future homebuyers take advantage of loans offered by CHAI, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, the State of Maryland and local lenders.
HUD required topics covered:
- Introduction to homebuyer education
- The housing counseling process
- Credit reports and how to improve your score
- The mortgage and pre-approval process
- Choosing a new home and/or real estate agent
- Contract of Sale
- Mortgage financing and appraisal
- Home inspection
- Getting to settlement
- What happens post-purchase
- The renovation process
Held every third Tuesday of the month
Next workshop is March 19, 6:00 – 9:15 p.m.
CHAI Building, Conference Room
5809 Park Heights Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215
Pricing & Registration:
$100 per household to attend. (A household is either one individual or two people purchasing a home together.)
Pre-registration and sign-in begins at 5:45 p.m.
Please contact CHAI’s Home Ownership team at 410-500-5309 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.