Pikesville Schools Coalition
Committed to the advancement of Pikesville area schools.
PSC is a coalition of community groups, educators, and individuals committed to the advancement of Pikesville area schools, including Bedford Elementary, Fort Garrison Elementary, Millbrook Elementary, Pikesville High School, Pikesville Middle School, Summit Park Elementary, Wellwood International School, and Woodholme Elementary.
PSC supports schools with a three-pronged ARM Strategy: Advocacy, Resources, and Marketing.
PSC helps champion the voices of the schools and stakeholders around:
- Physical plant issues
- School Board relations
- Funding needs and requests
PSC supports schools in obtaining needed resources by:
- Locating resources to meet needs identified by schools and connecting schools to those resources
- Facilitating workshops for school PTAs on topics they’ve self-identified as relevant
- Assisting with grant writing (when possible)
- Connecting schools to potential partners who bring programs that enhance the schools’ offerings
- Creating and providing toolkits for PTAs and principals on parent engagement work, events, and fundraisers
PSC helps promote schools within the community by:
- Raising awareness within the community about the strengths of Pikesville schools
- Branding the Pikesville Schools Coalition within the community and schools by providing unified materials to the schools for their use.
Rachel Moses, Co-Chair
Jeff Rosen, Co-Chair
For more information contact Stephen Bowley, Pikesville Community and Schools Director for CHAI, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-500-5307.
Join us on Facebook!
Pikesville, a prosperous Baltimore County suburb dates back 200 years to 1695 when Fort Garrison was built as one of the three forts to protect frontier settler’s in the colony of Maryland. This stone fort still stands at its original site.
Today, Pikesville is a tight-knit community filled with great schools, businesses, parks, community centers, houses of worship, entertainment, restaurants, and more. Its centralized location, plus its highly acclaimed schools have contributed greatly to the unmatched quality of life enjoyed here.