Fallstaff Multicultural Organizing Project
Making Fallstaff a safer, cleaner and healthier place to live.
The Fallstaff Neighborhood, in the Northwest Corner of Baltimore City, is comprised of residents from African American diaspora, Jewish, and Latin communities. Working with neighborhood leadership, CHAI takes a proactive role in promoting opportunities for community members to establish strong relationships across cultural differences.
In collaboration with CASA, The Fallstaff Neighborhood Multicultural Organizing Project seeks to cultivate mutual respect and understanding among neighbors. Through the development of personal relationships, CHAI utilizes it resources to achieve concrete neighborhood improvements.
This project increases the stability of the Fallstaff neighborhood by:
- Improving relationships and communication of residents
- Supporting neighborhood improvement projects
- Allowing community to broaden knowledge on differing cultures
- Encouraging local leaders to create change within Fallstaff
- Fostering exploration of different cultures
- Boosting self-pride for Fallstaff residents