Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc.'s mission is to develop and support thriving, stable communities in neighborhoods with a substantial Jewish population.
CHAI accomplishes this mission by:
• Promoting homeownership and providing loans to purchase and upgrade homes
• Providing services to the most vulnerable populations in our neighborhoods
• Developing and managing affordable senior living housing
• Supporting neighborhood organizing and development
• Rehabilitating housing and providing supporting repair/weatherization services
• Working to strengthen area schools through community engagement
CHAI's success has been supported by partnerships and collaborations with other agencies of THE ASSOCIATED, including:
The Baltimore Jewish Council, Jewish Community Services, Jewish Community Center, Lifebridge Health, Hebrew Free Loan, and Jewish Volunteer Connection. CHAI also works closely with public agencies at the Federal, State and local levels and numerous private organizations and non profit institutions in Baltimore and throughout the State.