Weatherization Assistance Program
Baltimore City homeowners who qualify can receive free weatherization services to improve the energy efficiency of their homes. Qualification is based upon household income guidelines.
• Safety testing for furnaces and boilers
• Cleaning and tuning of heating systems
• Sealing and insulation duct work
• Water heater and pipe insulation
• Door weather strips and sweeps
• High efficiency compact fluorescent light bulb installation
• Low flow shower heads and faucet aerators installation
Click here for more information>>
You may pick up an application at CHAI, or call and request that one be sent, at 410-466-1990, or application*. Then, schedule an appointment to submit the application.
• Current BGE bill
• Proof of home ownership (tax bill, deed, etc.)
• Photo ID of all household members 18 years or older
• Proof of current household income (one month of pay stubs)
• Social Security Card for each household member
CHAI offers homebuyer workshops, individual pre-purchase homebuyer counseling and low-interest loans that can be used for down payments, settlement expenses and/or home renovations. CHAI can also help first-time homebuyers qualify at banks for mortgages and special incentives through city, state ad federal lender programs.
Check out the latest homes for sale!